Friday, August 28, 2009

{{let's play}}

We've been busy ladies lately! The past two weeks I've really tried to set up playdates and get out a little more for the sanity of Ava & I. We had started to develop cabin fever as a result of very few ventures from the house. It was just too hard for me to take both of them by myself and when I did it would just be to the store. It was nothing *fun* for Ava at all. Now that Bella is a little older, I've decided to dive full force into our active lifestyle again. I find that when Ava gets to get out of the house and burn off some energy that she's much more apt to listen and behave nicely. I am also a lot happier and am able to maintain a patient attitude. We've had many playdates at our home (it's easier to keep up with Ava that way) and we've gone to visit friends a few times as well.


We're regulars at the Banstra home. Bri is 3 days older than Ava and we've had many many playdates with them so it was nice to get together with them again. Rachel has been so sweet since I've had Bella. She's brought us a few meals and come to visit numerous times. Ava always asks about "B" and when she will come to play. It's the cutest thing!





My best friend, Alisha (or Aunt Wisha as Ava knows her) came to visit from out of town. Ava had so much fun with her two boys, Aiden (3 1/2) & Cam (18 mo.). It had been a little over 6 months since they had been able to play so it was really nice to be able to see them again. We let the kids play at the house & later that day we took them to the play place at the mall. Ava & Aiden seemed to really click. They took turns on the slide and giving each other high fives. It was a great playdate.


Laura & Ella Westwood came to play the next day. This was only the second time they've gotten together as a result of our schedules (pre Bella). The girls were absolutely adorable together!



When Kadie & Nick came to play, they were hilarious. Between Ava's click click shoes and doctor kit, and Nick's cars, it was definitely a "my turn/your turn" exercise. Nevertheless, they had a wonderful time.





This week we went to visit The Vanzants. Ava & Reese had never met. The girls were too cute together. Jobeth & I were talking and turn around to find one of the girls on a riding toy & the other pushing. Kids are the sweetest. It took a little while for the girls to warm up and they really started playing sweetly (instead of parallel play) right as we were leaving. I hated to go, but we'll play together again soon.



It's been really nice to be able to get out of the house and have visitors in our home. With Tony being gone any company is GREAT company especially since we can't do the things we used to due to the Florida heat. Ava has also started favoring others before me as well. I'm starting to think she's trying to tell me she needs her own time instead of always being with mommy. SAD. Haha.

We are truly blessed to have such great friends!





2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog!! When will your husband be back in the U.S.? You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started one for him & his side of the family since we've moved back to FL. He'll be back early next year. Not soon enough!

    ReplyDelete